Classic Resume Screw-Ups
- Bad-mouthing former employers (e.g. "these people are scum.")
- Professing love of Jesus Christ or any other religious figures.
- Describing a previous work experience as "orgasmic."
- Listing dead references (or listing your mother as a reference).
- Listing the address of every place you've lived since birth.
- Emphasizing failed test scores and incomplete projects.
- Referring to yourself as a "nameless plebe."
- Condemning the managers who failed to see the "beauty" of your creative designs.
- Describing yourself as "towering" over your non-Mensa co-workers.
- Listing your hobbies, especially if they include "an active social life."
No, we're not making this stuff up. You'll soon see for yourself in our upcoming book Resumes from Hell.
Have a hall-of-fame resume screw-up for our list? Submit yours here.